Announcement of IMU011 English I Midterm Exam
TO THE ATTENTION OF THE STUDENTS AT THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, LAW, DENTISTRY AND MEDICINE TAKING IMU011 FOREIGN LANGUAGE (ENGLISH) I!
In accordance with the decisions made by the Higher Education Council due to COVID 19 pandemic, Foreign Language (English ) I Midterm Exam for the Spring Term of 2021-2022 Academic Year will be held online.
The Midterm Exam will be on 5th November, 2021 on Edmodo. Check the exam hour in the table below and note it down. The midterm exam will be run in the Edmodo classes of our students that they have already joined for the course English I, so our students taking the course English I mustn’t leave their Edmodo classes.
- The exam covers the first 7 weeks of the course.
- The exam consists of 25 questions. The duration of the exam is 35 minutes. You are supposed to complete the exam in the alloted time.
- The midterm exam is weighted to be 40% of your final grade.
- Make sure you join EDMODO with your FULL NAME and it includes your middle name if you have one. Don’t use a nickname. Otherwise, your exams cannot be evaluated.
- You can use your desktops, laptops and mobile phones (Please note that you need to download EDMODO application for mobile phones).
- You are expected to take measures yourself to mitigate the risks of connection problems and/or power outage. For this, we recommend you use a computer (PC) with a fast internet connection speed and/or fully charge your laptops and mobile phones, making 4.5G mobile wireless networks available, if possible. Students are deemed responsible for the issues mentioned above.
- Students need to be ready on EDMODO on time for the exam.
- You can go back and make the necessary changes during your exam.
- At the end of the Midterm Exam, students need to click on “SUBMIT” button to finish it. It is not possible to evaluate the exam unless they do so.
- Please note that you can take the exam ONCE. However, if you have a problem with the connection, on condition that you do not click on the “SUBMIT” button, you have a right to get connected again and continue your exam within the time allotted (35 min).
- After you click on “SUBMIT”, you cannot go back or make any changes.
- During or after the “FOREIGN LANGUAGE (ENGLISH) I MIDTERM”, written/ visual content related to the exam cannot be copied (recorded, printed , photocopied or screenshot, etc) by any means. The exams of the students who are detected violating the rules will not be evaluated. Students are deemed responsible for the issues mentioned above.
Please follow the web page of School of Foreign Languages, your EDMODO classes and email address on a regular basis for announcements and up-to-date information.
For your questions and problems, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moreover, choosing one of those in charge with the Distance Education at the School of Foreign Languages, you can seek help on https://yardimmasasi.medeniyet.edu.tr
Owing to the outbreak, the School of Foreign Languages reserves the right to make any changes in the academic calendar and exam applications in line with unexpected developments. Therefore, our institution is not liable for the plans our students make in the exam week.
2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
IMU011 FOREIGN LANGUAGE (ENGLISH) I MIDTERM TIMETABLE
EXAM DATE: 5th November 2021 Friday
Alloted time: 35 minutes.